- Register: Save your spot by ordering a pair of HeyHeys (below)
- HeyHeys Delivery Date: week of 10/3/2016
- Date: Sunday 10/9/2016
- Start: 8:00am Twin Peaks (check in at 7:30am)
- Finish: 11:30am Off the Grid, Presidio
- Distances: 10k distance and 13.2 mile distance
- Elevation Gain: 1765ft
- Who: Seriously fun adventurers!
- Route Map and Directions:
- Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/heyheys_tights/playlist/0J6qgiNlFBl6AXQ7b74RgD
- HeyHeys - Fun Tights for Big Adventures are just that. Adventures follow the trails: on mountaintops, along oceanside cliffs, through national parks, and across other adventurers, both in the backcountry and even close to home.
- The HeyHeys SF Trail Challenge brings HeyHeys’ outdoor spirit to San Francisco along a course that cuts through 12 parks and 4 neighborhoods over 13 panoramic miles and 1765ft of climbing.
- Start atop Twin Peaks and journey down to Ocean Beach, along the Bluffs, under the Golden Gate Bridge for a picnic finish at Off the Grid in the Presidio.
- Discover hidden trails, new neighborhoods, breathtaking views, and heaps of new friends while blazing a new classic route to the city in a fresh pair of HeyHeys!
- Capacity: This challenge is limited to 60 entrants
- Attire: HeyHeys (prder below)
- Bandits: extra points for picking up new runners along the way.
- Aid Stations: There are no designated aid stations on the challenge but the route passes several bodegas / coffee / flower / pizza shops (see route info for suggestions).
- Road Crossings: This is an open course - look both ways before sprinting across the road!
- Headphones: Headphones are encouraged. Follow HeyHeys_Tights on spotify and download the SF Trail Challenge playlist!
- Timing: This challenge is self-timed - bring your phone and bring a watch!
- Choose your own adventures: The course has multiple small forks - take the most inspiring route to ensure you finish at 11:30am
- Photostops: extra points for taking 3 amazing photos in your HeyHeys along the way!
- Start Time: 8am sharp! Please gather at 7:30am for group photo!
- Finish Time: 11:30am sharp. That’s 3.5 hours out in the wild before finish & meetup for stories, awards, and celebration! If you finish prior to 11:30am go back and take more photos!
- Getting to / from the course: carpool or take a Lyft to the start
- most adventurous photos
- most adventurers picked up along the way
- best aid station discovery
- most “choose your own adventure routes” taken
- most social media posts